The buzz and excitement were palpable this weekend at the Third ICT Clubs Training. We delved into a topic that’s at the heart of today’s digital age – Web Design.
With the online world expanding at an unprecedented pace, the skill of crafting functional and aesthetically pleasing websites is more sought-after than ever. Hence, understanding the foundations of web design holds tremendous importance for the young minds shaping tomorrow’s digital landscape.
Our eminent facilitator for the session, Emma Muboki, seamlessly bridged the gap between last week’s topic and this week’s. For those who missed the last session, it was a captivating dive into visual programming with tools such as Scratch and MIT Inventor. The enthusiasm of the participants was evident as Emma began with a thorough recap, ensuring everyone was on the same page.
Let’s break down the incredible journey Emma took us on:
- Web Design Concepts: Understanding the basics is crucial. From the difference between web design and web development to the principles of user-friendly design, Emma covered it all.
- Web Development Process: Building a website isn’t just about coding. Emma detailed the step-by-step process of creating a site, from conceptualization to launch.
- HTML and Visual Code: We dived deep into the nitty-gritty of the backbone of websites. With an introduction to HTML (HyperText Markup Language) and its integration with Visual Code, participants got firsthand knowledge of the tools of the trade.
- Demonstration and Practical Session: It’s always more enlightening to see concepts in action. Emma showcased a live demonstration, and then it was the participants’ turn. The room was filled with the clickety-clack of keyboards and murmurs of discovery.
- Questions and Answer Session: As with any enlightening session, questions bubbled up. Emma addressed a variety of queries, clearing doubts and enriching our understanding further.
A heartfelt thank you goes out to the schools, patrons, and dedicated ICT Club members who made the effort to attend and make this weekend fruitful. Your passion is the wind beneath the wings of this initiative.
Looking forward to next week? So are we! The Fourth Session promises to be a hands-on exploration of HTML and CSS. For those eager to bring their web designs to life, it’s a session not to be missed.
Last but certainly not least, our gratitude extends to the Uganda Communications Commission and the devoted team at UCUSAF. Your unwavering support and faith in this initiative are truly the pillars of its success.
Stay curious, keep learning, and see you next weekend!